Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Back in Town

We’re back! Lauren and I arrived safely here in Managua this afternoon after spending last night in Miami with our dear friend Denis. We loved touring Denis’ office, going out for a Cuban dinner, and catching up in his apartment. We spent the evening with him during our initial trip down here in September (although it was due to a missed connection!) so we’re glad it’s becoming a tradition of sorts.

We arrived to sun, mild weather, and an apartment without running water or internet. Shockingly, both our water and internet were restored within 20 minutes after a phone call with the cable company and a chat with the man who works for our apartment complex. Lauren and I then took a trip to the grocery store and restocked our barren pantry.

Although I am excited to get back and see the kids again, it was quite hard to leave home yesterday. Spending 12 days with family and friends reminded me of the amazing life I have at home. It’s funny that I had to travel to Nicaragua to find out how good I have it in Baltimore. I know that I am committed to helping these kids and earnestly want to see this sponsorship program idea through to the end, whether in success or failure. All of this being said, it is good to be back.

We’re heading out to the little restaurant up the street for dinner since we are about to lose power and don’t want to eat in the dark tonight. Hopefully Lauren and I will have interesting items to report as we return to our kids tomorrow!

Much love to you all,

dw

No comments: